My name is Bill Sarai and I've been a letter carrier at Canada Post for the past 30 years and have lived happily in Kamloops for 22 years now.
I have volunteered for the following organizations:
• CUPW member, 1988-present;
• Norbrock Soccer Executive Committee, 1996 to 2000;
• A.E. Perry Elementary School PAC Executive, 1996 to 2005;
• Coached Girl's Youth Soccer Team, 1996 to 2005;
• Kamloops Sikh Cultural Society Executive Committee, 1998 to 2000. Member 1995 to present;
• City of Kamloops Social Planning Committee, 2000 to 2003;
• Coached Boy's Youth Soccer Team, 2005 to 2010;
• Western Canada Summer Games volunteer, 2011;
Being a letter carrier for Canada Post in Kamloops the past 22 years, I have heard first-hand the type of problems our citizens are facing. My hope is to bring a different, working-class voice to the table that has been missing at City Hall — the Voice of the People! I pledge to listen to each and every concern the citizens of Kamloops may have and I promise to always be their voice if I am so lucky to be elected to Kamloops city council this fall.